Friday, December 30, 2005

[Rant] Some Players...

What's so hard with doing a little damn "game research"?
<(><;)>
Meaning...

Scenario #1:
Person1: Could you help me kill this [some random NM]?
Person2: Sure.
Person1: Great! So, where does he spawn?

Scenario #2:
Person1: Could you craft [some random item] for me?
Person2: Ok.
Person1 All right! So, what're the ingredients?

I highly suggest folks bookmark the following websites...

http://ffxi.somepage.com - Excellent for a quick look-up with basic details. Good update on recipes.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com - Excellent for a look-up with many user-input details.
http://www.killingifrit.com/ - Excellent for searching extensive user-input and discussion for information and details.
http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/index.html - Excellent for static lists of armor, weaponry, recipes, specilized NPCs, and etc.

Another thing that bothers me...

Gilbuyer Behavior.
I cannot take a stand against the act of gilbuying as much as I can take a stand against gilbuyer behavior. Is it just me, or does a large majority (99.999999999999999%, anyone?) of gilbuyers have no sense of money value whatsover? I can understand the instance of gilbuying where the buyer is an actual person who worked for his/her own money who then decides to use that hard-earned money to buy virtual money. Working folks generally do not have enough time to play the game and "earn money in the game" like some other folks do. That I can understand, and it would be "them paying someone else for a service," the service of "playing the game for them. Yeah, sounds stupid, but it's their money, and they can do whatever they want with it.

But what about the folks who "use Mommy's or Daddy's credit card and buy virtual money"? To put it bluntly: Using someone else's hard-earned money for buying virtual money. To make it worse, too many of these folks frivolously spend that gil by contributing to inflating the prices of high-end, high-marked items, like, let's say, Vermies and Haubs. "Who gives a damn if a Vermy's 10 mil. I've got the 10 mil; I can buy it." No bloody value to the value of gil. And it turns around and hurts the folks who actually earn their gil and not go buy it with RL money that they did/didn't earn themselves.

I can probably summarize my thought about this "gilbuyer behavior" in one sentence:
What the hell ever happened to "pride in your work"?

Anyhow, time to go back home for me. And it looks like I can freely draw - whee!

... I just need to hold off final drawings until I get home and regain access to the Model Viewer for FFXI models.

<(-.-;)>

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Ainilome said...

I contribute it to the "it's just a game" syndrome. The same one that makes people think they can be jerks to everyone around them because "it's just a game".

Some players, the same one's who HAVE mommy or daddy's credit cards -.- tend to forget that there are actual people on the other side of the computer. It's easy to expect someone else to do the work for you if you think you're the only person in the universe

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Keijuyo said...

Oops...that "brittany" person was me...my sister forgot to sign out >.<;

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Aerroenu said...

Pahya Nahrajh, I'm with ya on the whole "it's only a game" deal. That's one of my personal beefs, mostly because that's, like, not acknowledging that other real-life folks play this game, too.

And, Keijuyo, I hear ya on the "burning gil for crafting." <(^^;)>

I know, personally, I used to be so enthralled with the Vermillion Cloak. I was sittin' here, thinking, "Yeah! Someday I'll git me one!"

And now that I'm old, I could care less about it, moreso that I was once 3/5 to one time, and now look at the price. <(-.-)>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home