Wednesday, January 04, 2006

[Fun] Fishing Trip, Again!

Ok, I admit, I'm typing all this from memory, which is rather foggy. I made a draft noting some details that I wouldn't otherwise remember... like... how many time we went against mobs. <(>.>)>

Anyhow, it started with Hadesixii (Hades) just (rather) randomly proposing a little ferry trip. I, who happens to be famously known in FishTank for not being a fan of EXPing but otherwise a crafting nut, decided to join him. I pretty much spent my whole gaming time on the ferry fishing with him. During that time, we had encounters with two of the three famously known Notorious Monsters (NMs) of the ferry: Sea Horror and Blackbeard.

Now, Hades was a WAR75/NIN37. I was a WHM68/BLM34. Of course, we had no problem with Sea Horror. In fact, Hades, during the last part of the trip, ran straight out of the cargo doors, straight to Sea Horror, and started attacking it! I stood in disbelief before uttering over Teamspeak:

Aerroenu: "Um... Hades, y'know that's Sea Horror, right?" <(o.O;)>
*pause*
Hadesixii: "Oh, really?" *lol* "I thought it was just a Sea Monk!"
*a good while after*
Aerroenu: "... you know you're fighting in Fishing Gear, right?" <(o O;)>

Blackbeard, on the other hand, was a bit iffy. Our fights with him lasted the whole time the pirates were onboard only because Hades, at each apperance, 2-houred (used "Mighty Strikes") Blackbeard. A few times Hades's HP dipped in the colors (due to me sometimes not paying attention). It would have been an easy fight aside from the fact that:

- I could not silence Blackbeard,
- Blackbeard used some nasty Area of Effect (AoE) spells, and
- Blackbeard had a nasty load of HP or axe was not doing as much damage (DMG) as it could against him.

In the end, we were 0/3 on Sea Horror, 0/2 on Blackheard. It was a bit disappointing not to get Blackbeard's Sea Robber Cudgel, but I would have preferred Silverhook's Seawolf Cudgel. I think I also got my Fishing 36 during this trip - can't remember. *lol*

I can't wait for more ferry trips in the future. It's really fun to do with a big group. You can fish up some profitable fishes like Nebimonites and Noble Ladies and risk meeting all those NMs. And, of course, there's the occasional pirate raids that make it fun, too. I'm just still debating whether it's worth me to sit down and finish fishing up my Lu Shang's Fishing Rod or just level other jobs that I can eventually use in Burning Circle Notorious Monster (BCNM) battles... or level other crafts. *lol*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home